Binders are tight chest garments used to flatten the appearance of breast tissue in order to achieve a more masculine gender presentation. They can be worn by any person and come in a variety of shapes and materials.
UNTAG (formerly known as Danaë Trans-Missie) has been specializing in chest binders and other FTM (female-to-male), MTF (male-to-female), genderqueer, and nonbinary clothing accessories for 19 years. They are a small company that makes everything by hand in their studio in Diemen, Netherlands, and use sustainable fabrics made in Germany.
The popular Short Binder is ideal for everyday use. See the sizing guide below. Please contact us if you would like to order one in a different color, extra-strong material, or custom measurements. You may also schedule a time to come to our showroom in Rotterdam to try them on before you buy to make sure you have the best fit for you <3.
Care instructions: Wash at 30 degrees C, preferably in a laundry bag. Not suitable for the dryer.
How do you measure your size?
- Wear tight clothing. If you’re wearing layers of clothing the size you measure won’t be accurate.
- Be aware of push up and/or filled bras, as well as tight belts.
- Most measuring tapes have numbers on both sides (cms and inches), make sure you’re reading the right side of the tape.
How do I determine which size and model is best for me?
- A firm breast is more difficult to camouflage than a sagging breast. If you have a firm breast, we recommend our extra strong material.
- If there's a big difference between the circumference of your chest and the circumference of your waist (your waist is much smaller than your chest), choose the size according to your waist size, not your chest’s.
- Large breasts are more easily camouflaged in a singlet than in a short top because there simply is more room to divide them.
- If you are in between sizes, we encourage you to consider your shoulder measurements; if you have broader shoulders, definitely go with the larger size.
- Do not intentionally go down in size; you will not be able to put the binder on.
- Binders are meant to be tight, like a second skin. You should be able to breathe and the material should not be cutting into your skin.
- If your sizes are not in the chart, it is still possible to get a garment made to measure. Fill out your sizes in the size form while ordering the item and we will make it and send it within 3 workdays.
- If you have any questions about sizing, please let us know! We are happy to give you some advice.
Returns and exchanges are processed directly through UNTAG - so please contact us directly to let us know if you have returned a product.